Monday, April 1, 2013

Farewell Georgetown

I first arrived in Georgetown about 1.5 months ago, it is a nice harbor with a strong cruiser support network, and most of the basic supplies anyone might need.  Anyone interested in extended cruising could learn the ropes during a short cruise down to Georgetown...

During the last few days I've spent a lot of time with the people from Kokoi and from Meant2B.  We've gone surfing, wakesurfing, barhopping, and we've also had some awesome dinners at both boats.  When not doing any of those activities, I've spent much time reading on my Kindle which I appear to have broken a couple of days ago (the screen has a segment that doesn't work anymore, not sure how or why this happened).  Having a broken kindle is going to take a toll on my lifestyle, ever since I don't have a TV I've been going to sleep by reading for a while...

Tomorrow, a number of boats are planning to leave the harbor, the weather looks like we may have to motorsail a lot due to lack of wind, and the little bit of wind there will be, will be coming from (you guessed it!) the nose.  This will be my first solo passage, it should be easy in tomorrow's conditions... I've spent most of the day getting the boat ready for sea again, fortunately it is a small boat and it doesn't take very long to put everything in order.

Yesterday I was offered one of the most tempting opportunities ever, to crew on a friend's boat down to Cuba, and travel the country by train for a few weeks.  Not only is the plan ridiculously cool, it would be while doing it with two of the most awesome people I've ever met! Last night I was leaning towards going with them, but this morning I decided that I've already spent too much time and money around here, I'm ready to head back and get the boat sold in Miami so that I can finally make it home.  It's been fun, but I'm ready to become a land person once again.

Today, both Kokoi and Meant2B were leaving the harbor, it sucks to say goodbye but it is likely that our paths will cross again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment