Monday, April 15, 2013

Self healing engine... Mmmmh

Today, the engine appears to have woken up feeling better... I found a sweet spot in the throttle range where the engine would crank up instantly like it used to... With the help of a fellow cruiser, we adjusted the idle jet and throttle cable a bit, and it looks like I'm back in business... Surely the engine will work properly until I really need it, at which point it will probably fail.

I had dinner last night with a few friends that I had met back in Georgetown, the boat where we had dinner belonged to a couple of 17/18 year old sisters, they are just out there cruising on their own, their engine is overheating, their mainsail is blown, and they don't seem to be particularly stressed about it! How humbling is that?  They have been buddy-boating with some guys in a Southern Cross 28 and are headed towards Miami as well, so I may tag along as a third boat on the fleet.

We will be heading to Bimini soon, but we will probably stop at Morgan's Bluff before crossing the banks.  We will probably load up on free water while there, and maybe even some local produce...

A couple of nights ago there was a quick rainshower over the harbor and my cell phone got soaked... It was working well yesterday but it doesn't seem to be taking a proper charge today!  My phone is the single most used tool on board! I hope it has a quick chat with my engine so it can learn how to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment