Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bimini revisited... I can almost smell Miami from here

I've had an awesome time hanging out with Mike and Jennifer here in Bimini.  We've been hanging out at a few spots that are thriving with locals, which is refreshing compared to other places where the local to cruiser ratio was really low.

As I get closer to Florida, I'm noticing more and more spanish being spoken around me... specifically the shouting exercised by Miami Cubans in their superfast powerboats makes me reminisce about the sandbar in the lee of Key Biscayne.

I'm eager to make this last passage in safety and comfort, but that will also mean the end to this incredible adventure, so I have mixed feelings... in the meantime, while I wait for weather here in Bimini, I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the last days of my trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment