Friday, March 22, 2013

Salt Pond to Georgetown - bittersweet

Heading back is bittersweet.  Heading back implies that I did not reach my original goal, but it also allows me to try to give Seas the Moment a new home, and run some errands that I'd need to do in Miami.  I'll also have a chance to visit some of the places that we skipped on the way south. 

We are underway right now, passing by Hog Cay in the easternmost tip of the Exumas headed toward Georgetown.  We will be stocking up on stuff and extending our visas.  This passage has been uneventful so far, there has been barely any wind so we have been motoring in flat seas, which I don't mind at all.  Had we not been able to get the throttle cable fixed on Wednesday, we would have been motoring at idle speed and would probably be doing about 1 mile per hour!

I feel I've gone through an interesting transformation during this trip so far, I've learned to not give a fu©k about anything and to just do what I want!  This reminds me of a Southpark episode...

Anyway, here are some pictures of what this passage has looked like so far (note how the wind seems to always be on my nose!).

1 comment: