Thursday, March 28, 2013

First few days on my own

A couple of days ago we had some really nice waves and offshore wind in Exuma Sound.  Matt and I spent a long day surfing waist-high glassy waves over two feet of rock!

We have also been investing time in the time-honored tradition of beer drinking... Sometimes we do this at the beach, sometimes in town, other times on boats...

Aside from these two activities, we've spent time wakesurfing, building bonfires, and doing nothing at all... Such is the hard-knock life of the unemployed.

Not all is fun and games though, I've also been spending time cooking and cleaning.  The task that seems to take me the longest is doing dishes, I seem to procrastinate on this all the time, until I find myself forced to do it in order to cook, which has the undesired side-effect of dirty pots and pans... It is a neverending cycle, not to mention that my faucet doesn't work, so I have to get saltwater with a bucket and use that instead (this is possible here given that the water is so clean), then I rinse with freshwater.

Some would say that I'm having a blast out here on my own... They would be right!

1 comment: