Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Seas the Moment - sale pending

After a couple of weeks of being for sale, a couple of offers have been made to purchase Seas the Moment.  I have accepted one of these offers and have received a deposit, effectively taking her off the market until the rest of the money is delivered so that the title can be signed off and transferred.  The person buying her is perfect for her, he is young and intends to keep her at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, the place which has been her home for probably over a decade.

Hopefully, this guy will be able to get as much value out of the club as I have.  The club represents to me the place where I met so many awesome people, got so many boat questions answered, initiated so many awesome adventures, and where I met her, Seas the Moment, whose path wound up crossing mine and then safely taking me on a trip of a lifetime.  She might have been influential in giving me the courage to move back to Colombia (her previous owner sold her and moved to Peru... coincidence???), and she definitely helped me build my confidence in so much other than sailing during our last few months.

If the buyer is able to get even a fraction of the value from her and from the club, it will have been worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment